Home Blog Page 3

Lola na binigyan ng expired na pagkain, nakatanggap ng isang taong supply na ovaltine

An old woman who received expired food and Ovaltine from her neighbor received help from the company that owns the instant chocolate-milk brand.

The issue went viral after Lola Verginia’s relative showed on social media how they discovered that the food she received had already expired.

In the video, the old woman was visibly confused why she was given an expired good that may endanger her if consumed.

The video also showed that she was holding the Ovaltine, one of the goods she received.

“Hindi po nakakapagsalita, nakakabasa and nakakarinig po ang lola ko Kaya hindi nga din po alam,” the uploader said.

“Kitang kita ko kung paano niyo bigyan ng puro expired na pagkain ang lola ko, pinaglalaba niyo maghapon kapalit ng expired na pagkain na tuwang tuwa naman siya kasi hindi niya alam,” the uploader added.

Ovaltine then decided to visit the old woman and gave her a one-year supply of their goods.

“It really broke our hearts to see Lola Verginia’s previous encounter with an expired product. Kaya naman, super happy kaming personally naghatid ng Ovaltine gift packs to bring a smile to her face. Seeing her happy is genuinely the best feeling ever!” the company statement read.

Isang taong grasa, nanguha ng pagkain at nag-amok sa Cebu

A street dweller caused commotion in Consolacion, Cebu, on June 18 after stealing meals from eateries he passed by and assaulting some bystanders.

The still unidentified man was featured in several Facebook posts, one of which showed him entering a restaurant and suddenly taking the uploader’s meal.

In another video, he was already seen causing disturbance and attacking several people.

The man is now under the custody of the authorities and is to be transferred to a mental health facility to be assessed.

Meanwhile, netizens praised the people who were seen in the video for not fighting back, as they mentioned what happened to a man with autism who was ganged up on by passengers who didn’t know his condition.

Boy Dila, hindi makakapagdiwang ng Wattah Wattah festival ngayong taon dahil sa paghihimas ng rehas

The man who became infamous on social media last year after pouring water on an innocent delivery rider during the Wattah Wattah Festival was now facing another controversy.

According to the report from 24 Oras, Lexter Castro, also known as Boy Dila, is currently in the custody of San Juan City Police for allegedly violating the Anti-Bastos Law.

The police report indicated that Castro catcalled a minor during a drinking session, which prompted the victim’s family to file charges.

Castro insisted that he didn’t mean to disrespect the victim.

“Nadala lang po sa pagkalasing ko sir,” he said.

As he was currently detained, Boy Dila’s absence from this year’s Wattah Wattah festival was expected.

Meanwhile, the San Juan City Government has already implemented several ordinances to prevent people like Castro from causing commotion again, including designating places where ‘basaan’ activities can be performed.

Last year, Castro didn’t receive any charges as there were no existing ordinances forbidding unauthorized water pouring to commuters.

Atleta na taga Leyte, naglabas ng sama ng loob matapos nitong makatanggap lamang ng P3,000 para sa gintong medalya

An athlete who went viral on social media after receiving P3,000 after he won a gold medal for secondary boys’ long jump at Palarong Pambansa, finally ended his silence.

In a Facebook post, motivational speaker Rendon Labador reached out to Efosa John Paul Aguinaldo, 17, a resident of Leyte, who was a gold medalist during the Palarong Pambansa 2025.

According to Aguinaldo, he almost lost his motivation after knowing that he would only receive P3,000 for his achievements, while other athletes from other regions have received P200,000.

“Naiiyak nga ako. Sa ibang region, P200,000 nga bigay, tapos sakin P3,000 lang,” he said. “Sobrang pagod kaya ng training. Nawalan ako ng gana, pero nagpursigi parin ako manalo,” 

He also revealed that he was shoeless during his training.

As of writing, the Provincial Government of Leyte has yet to state Aguinaldo’s revelation.

According to the Palarong Pambansa Act of 2013, LGUs have the freedom to give incentives to their athletes who participate in Palarong Pambansa.

Labador couldn’t hide his disappointment after he discovered Aguinaldo’s situation.

“BACK TO BACK CHAMPION pala yung bata grabe to hindi man lang nasuportahan yung atleta na nagbigay parangal. Akala ko ba mga sir gusto ninyo mag sports ang kabataan? Bkit kaya ganon? Sa Calabarzon daw 260K binigay sa nag champion, sa Leyte 3K,” Labador said.

Vlogger, pumanaw matapos kumasa sa challenge ng kumain ng manok kasama ang buto

A vlogger passed away after fulfilling a challenge from his follower, who asked him to eat a whole chicken together with its bones in exchange for P20,000.

After he finished the challenge on May 19, 2025, Rogelio Estrera Adriano fell ill for several days and passed away after the bones he ate blocked his intestines.

There were reports that netizens already warned Adriano not to do the challenge, but the offered cash was difficult for him to refuse.

According to the doctors, Adriano already had a history of appendix removal, which caused his intestines to compress, making it harder for solid food to be digested.

Meanwhile, authorities were already investigating “Sir Diana,” who asked Adriano to do the challenge.

“Hayan na sinasabi , pag nakikita ko sobra kain nabababala Ako na d maganda an sobra, hayan asan Yun nagsabi mag bibigay ng 20 K , d ka ba nakokonsensia,” netizen Norma said.

“Sayang idol sana hindi mo ginawa ang challenge na yan dapat iningatan mo din ang sarili mo nalukungkot ako sa nangyari sayo,” netizen Chello commented.

“Naku delikado tumatanggap ka ng hamon dapat pinag isipan mo lods,aso nga bawal ang buto ng manok kasi matutulis yan kandabutas ang intestine mo niyan di sigurado kng may 20k nga, kahit may 20k pa kng mapanganib wag na lang, that’s my opinion lang,” netizen Aileen remarked.

Agot Isidro, tinapos ang katahimikan sa gitna ng nangyayari sa impeachment ni VP Sara Duterte

Veteran actress Agot Isidro ended her months of silence on political issues after 18 senators voted to remand the articles of impeachment against Vice President Sara Duterte back to the House of Representatives.

In her social media post, Isidro asked about the whereabouts of Mary Grace Piattos, the mysterious individual who allegedly received confidential funds from the Office of the Vice President (OVP).

She also mentioned the controversial P125-M spent by the OVP in a very short time.

“Sa gitna ng kaguluhan, asan na si Mary Grace Piattos at ang 125 million pesoses?” said Agot.

 

It can be recalled that one of the main controversies faced by Duterte was her usage of confidential funds.

Critics asked Duterte to be transparent in her use of confidential funds.

However, Ombudsman Samuel Martires said that there was no need to reveal the receipts related to confidential funds as it was mainly use for intelligence gathering purposes.

 

Bianca Gonzales, inalala ang ‘EDSA Dos’ matapos ang ginawa ng senado sa impeachment complaint vs. VP Duterte

Actress and television host Bianca Gonzales shared her experience as one of the participants of People Power II in 2001 after the decision made by the majority of the senators to remand Vice President Sara Duterte’s article of impeachment back to the Lower House.

In her tweet, Bianca said that she suddenly remembered the incident that triggered the People Power: the majority of the senators during the impeachment of then-President Joseph Ejercito Estrada refused to open the second envelope, which allegedly contained evidence of the former chief executive’s hidden wealth.

“Focused on the Senate impeachment court proceedings right now, and I still remember the same attention when it was said that ‘the no votes have it.’ Where were you and how old were you at that time? I remember I was in college, and I was also one of those who went straight to EDSA afterward. Imagine, that was pre-social media,” said Bianca.

Several netizens also shared their experiences during that time.

However, some supporters of Vice President Duterte believed that the incident would not trigger the People Power II because many people could now gather more information on social media compared to Estrada’s time, where most of the population relied on traditional media.

Imburnal Girl, ipapadala sa rehab ng DSWD matapos umamin na siya ay nagbibisyo

The woman who went viral on social media after being caught while emerging from a drainage in Makati City was set to be put under rehabilitation.

It can be recalled that “Rose,” also known as ‘Imburnal Girl,’ was featured on Jayson Luzadas’ show, Pinoy Pawnstars, where she admitted that she had a vice.

“Nagbibisyo naman po ako, pero hindi naman po araw-araw,” she said

In a statement, the Department of Social Welfare and Development (DSWD) confirmed that they were aware of Rose’s vice and they decided to put her under rehabilitation.

“Our social workers handling the case management will see to it that there will be positive change in the lives of Rose and her partner so that they become productive members of the community, ready for reintegration after the appropriate interventions,” DSWD’s Pag-Abot Program Director Marilyn Moral said.

Meanwhile, DSWD Secretary Rex Gatchalian said that he was confident that Rose would be successfully rehabilitated.

“DSWD’s social workers do not just give material assistance, they also restore hope,” Gatchalian Said.

Rose received P80,000 in assistance from DSWD and was already enrolled in the Alternative Learning System (ALS).

Gen. Torre, iniisip kung magtatayo rin ng kanyang sariling paresan katulad ni Diwata

Philippine National Police (PNP) chief Police General Nicolas Torre III finally shared his reaction to the people who kept calling him ‘Diwata’ due to his resemblance to the internet celebrity and entrepreneur.

In an interview with Anthony Taberna and Gerry Baja, Torre was asked if he was being offended by his critics calling him ‘Diwata.’

As a response, Torre revealed that he wanted to meet Diwata, whose real name is Deo Balbuena, soon.

“Hindi ko pa nami-meet si Diwata, and I’m really excited (to meet him),” he said.

“Kaya nga iniisip ko nga rin, ‘sabi ko teka muna eh hindi ko pa nami-meet si Diwata, wala naman siguro masama doon kung gagawa ako ng aking paresan’,” he added.

It can be recalled that Torre started to be called Diwata when he became the acting director of the Davao Regional Police Office, and led the operation to arrest Kingdom of Jesus Christ (KOJC) leader Pastor Apollo Quiboloy.

How, aside from being called ‘Diwata,’ netizens started to call him Pitbull after the Department of Interior and Local Government (DILG) Sec. Jonvic Remulla compared him to the said dog breed.

Imburnal girl, inamin na siya ay nagbibisyo: “Pero hindi naman po araw-araw”

The woman who went viral on social media after being spotted while emerging from a drainage along Makati was featured on Jayson “Boss Toyo” Luzadas’ show, Pinoy Pawnstars, to sell the cutter she recovered from the culvert.

During the episode, Jayson interviewed Rose, also known as ‘Imburnal Girl’, about her life and why she went into the drainage.

Rose clarified that she didn’t live in the drainage and only wanted to recover her lost cutter.

Jayson then offered to buy her cutter for P5,000, but after some negotiation, the vlogger decided to increase it to P10,000.

He also gave a free cellphone to Rose and her family members.

Rose then admitted that she had a vice, but she didn’t specify what kind of habit she had.

“Nagbibisyo naman po ako, pero hindi naman po araw-araw,” she said.

The vlogger then asked the relatives of Imburnal Girl not to waste the money he gave on vices.

It can be recalled that Rose received P80,000 worth of cash aid from the Department of Social Welfare and Development (DSWD) and was enrolled in the Alternative Learning System (ALS) to finish her studies.

She was also set to become an ambassador of DSWD to encourage other street dwellers to cooperate with the government.