E.A.T host Tito Sotto expressed his dismay over the plan of Television and Production Exponents Inc. (TAPE Inc.) to celebrate the 44th anniversary of Eat Bulaga on July 29.
It can be recalled that current Eat Bulaga co-hosts Paolo Contis, Isko Moreno, Buboy Villar, Alexa Miro, and Betong Sumaya have already been preparing for the upcoming noontime show’s anniversary celebration.
In a text he sent to the media, Sotto said that TAPE Inc. has no right to celebrate the longevity of Eat Bulaga because the original hosts had already left the show.
“Kami orig na may karapatan mag-celebrate. From TAPE people and current hosts, none of them were there 44 years ago,” said Sotto.
According to him, the ‘Legit Dabarkads’ were planning to celebrate Eat Bulaga’s 44th anniversary on their show E.A.T.
“Ano itatapat nila eh wala naman sila doon in the last 43 years? Feb lang pumasok mga new officers then June ito mga bagitong hosts,” he said.
Paolo already confirmed that they’re already set to celebrate the 44th year of Eat Bulaga, but he refused to reveal more details about the event.
“Malamang maba-bash na naman kami,” said Paolo.
Atty. Maggie Garduque of TAPE Inc. also said that they’re planning to continue airing Eat Bulaga as long as people are watching it.
“Ang ‘Eat Bulaga’ ay para sa tao at hanggang maraming manonood, ang tumatangkilik, patuloy ang ‘Eat Bulaga’ sa pagbibigay ng saya at tulong sa mga kababayan natin,” she said.