A lawmaker believed that there’s only one way for the investors duped by Kapa (Kabus Padatoon)-Community Ministry International to take their money back.
In an interview with Bombo Radyo, PBA party-list Representative Jericho Nograles urged the investors of KAPA to file a complaint against Joel Apolinario, saying that the only hope to recover their money is to win the case against the self-proclaimed pastor.
According to them, investors should file a complaint against KAPA before the Securities and Exchange Commission and tell them how much money they invested in Apolinario’s group.
“Sabihin sa SEC kung magkano ang na-invest para alam nila na kabilang kayo sa mga na-scam para sa panahon na may makuhang pera kay Apolinario at sa mga kasama niya na maibalik ito sa inyo,” Nograles said.
If Apolinario lost the case, the court would award the assets owned by KAPA to the investors who filed a complaint against the former.
It’s also possible that the court order to give moral and exemplary damages to the people victimized by KAPA.
Here’s the list of the companies owned by Joel and his wife Reyna according to Securities and Exchange Commission (SEC):
1) JoRey Fuel Trading – 5 April 2019
2) JoRey Printing Services – 20 March 2019
3) JoRey Garments Trading – 8 March 2019
4) JoRey Fishing Boat – 11 January 2019
5) Reyna’s Convention Center – 9 January , 2019
6) JoRey Agri Banana Plantation – 14 Nov. 2018
7) JoRey Multi-Media Production – 26 Oct. 2018
8) JoRey Gasoline Station & Convenience Store – 23 Aug. 2018
9) KAPA Minmetals Trading – 28 June 2018
10) JoRey Love Bakeshop & Restaurant – 25 Jan. 2018
Last year, Apolinario claimed that there’s no hope for them to return the money from its investors, blaming the government action against them.
“Kung hindi kami pagbigyan nang pagkakataon na makapag-operate muli ‘yong aming ministry talagang sasabihin na namin na parang suntok sa buwan na ‘yon dahil hindi ko na makukuha rin yong mga naibigay ko sa mga tao,” Apolinario said.
On July 21, after months of hiding, Joel Apolinario was successfully captured by the authorities after a firefight between the Pastor’s private army and joint government forces.