Television and Production Exponents Inc (TAPE Inc.) was reportedly not backing off with their plans to celebrate the 44th anniversary of Eat Bulaga despite the criticism they were receiving from the netizens.
It can be recalled that Eat Bulaga host Paolo Contis revealed the news to the press, saying that they’re already preparing for the big event on July 29.
Paolo said they prepared many surprises for their fans, but he refused to give more information about the celebration.
They’re also not planning to withdraw their plans despite the copyright infringement complaint filed by TVJ.
The legendary trio, Tito Sotto, Vic Sotto, and Joey de Leon, asked the Marikina RTC to disallow TAPE Inc. from using Eat Bulaga title, its jingle, and also the segments that were conceptualized by their former creative director, Jeny Ferre, who also resigned from TAPE Inc.
Several Kapuso Facebook pages had already been promoting the upcoming celebration of Eat Bulaga.
“Malapit na tayo mga kapuso sa exciting part, 44 Years hands on sa pagbibigay ng saya at papremyo.” My Sparkle Notebook page wrote.
Meanwhile, E.A.T host Tito Sotto expressed disappointment with the plans of TAPE Inc., saying that they have no right to celebrate the 44th anniversary of Eat Bulaga.
“Kami orig na may karapatan mag-celebrate. From TAPE people and current hosts, none of them were there 44 years ago,” said Sotto.
“Ano itatapat nila eh wala naman sila doon in the last 43 years? Feb lang pumasok mga new officers then June ito mga bagitong hosts,” he added.