Attorney Larry Gadon sent a letter to the Senate of the Philippines, asking nine lawmakers to inhibit themselves from the deliberations and voting of the ABS-CBN franchise bill because of their alleged connections with the said broadcasting company.
Gadon mentioned House Speaker Alan Peter Cayetano, Senate President Vicente Sotto III, Senators Manny Pacquiao, Lito Lapid, Bong Revilla, Sonny Angara, Grace Poe, Ralph Recto and Francis Pangilinan in his letter, saying that the said senators should distance themselves from the ABS-CBN franchise issue.
According to him, the said lawmakers have a connection with the broadcasting company giant.
Gadon then explained the alleged interest and connections of the Senators he mentioned in the letter:
1. Senator Pangilinan – Spouse is stockholder , Talent of ABS CBN with many years of broadcast , movies are shown earning fees and royalties
2. (Former) Senator Cayetano – The law office Cayetano Sebastian , is one of the law offices retained by ABS CBN , the law office where the late Rene Cayetano was founder and partner and Senators Allan Peter and Pia are also either partners or associates , Sebastian is husband of Pia Cayetano . The late former Senator Rene Cayetano had a long running television and radio show COMPANERO in ABS CBN
3. Senator Pacquiao – Receives fees and royalties from boxing fights , had a tv show in ABS CBN
4. Senator Lapid – Stockholder , Talent with latest show Probinsyano where he received talent fees and royalties
5. Senator Poe – Producer of tv show at ABS CBN , mother Susan talent and appears on several shows, Movies of adoptive father are shown over ABS CBN with royalties received
6. Senator Revilla- Talent , movies are shown in ABS CBN , receives royalties
7. Senator Angara – Wife works as top executive in ABS CBN
8. Senator Recto – Wife then actress Vilma Santos had tv shows in ABS CBN , son Lucky Manzano has current tv show
9. Senator Sotto – TV show Eat Bulaga in Channel 2 , where he received fees and royalties , Sharon the niece is stockholder and Talent , brother Vic Sotto is talent with movies shown in ABS CBN
Gadon insisted that if the said lawmakers insisted to participate on the ABS-CBN franchise issue, they may face possible charges.
“Sa Katotohanan , lahat ng lumagda sa Resolution “expressing the sentiment of the Senate” ay nararapat rin na mag inhibit sa debate at botohan sapagkat meron na sila agad pagkiling o pre-judgement pabor sa ABS CBN sa kabila ng pag expire ng prangkisa nito at sa mga alegasyon ng mga violations nito na may sapat na katibayan na sa kasalukuyang nasa petition sa Supreme Court at nasa mga reklamo at resolution ng pag iimbistiga sa House of Representatives,” Gadon said.
Gadon is one of the people pushing to shut down ABS-CBN.
On March, he asked the Supreme Court to stop the National Telecommunications Commission (NTC) on giving ABS-CBN provisional permit to operate.