The Department of Social Welfare and Development already explained the process of how to avail the social amelioration program aimed to help the people affected by the enhanced community quarantine.
On Tuesday, DSWD published a video to teach the netizens how to avail of the social amelioration package from the government.
DSWD will provide social amelioration measures amounting to P5,000 to P8,000 for two months to families belonging to vulnerable sectors who have been affected by the community quarantine amid the COVID-19 crisis as mandated by Republic Act (RA) 11469 or the “Bayanihan to Heal as One Act.”
The help will be distributed first in the form of food assistance, then after that they’re going to distribute it in the form of cash.
Photo: Usec. Annalyn M. Sevilla
Here are the steps on how to avail the package:
- The local government units (LGUs) are going to distribute the Social Amelioration Card (SAC) to their constituents.
- LGUs are required to distribute the card house-to-house.
- The applicant is going to receive two copies of the SACs, one copy for the IATF, and one copy for the beneficiary.
- The head of the family is going to list down the information of his/her kin in the SAC.
- The information should be written in all capital letters.
- The applicant should ensure that all the information they put in the SAC is complete.
- A representative of the LGU is going to visit their house again to get the form.
- You should only give the IATF copy to the LGU and keep the beneficiary copy for reference and monitoring.
- The social amelioration package is going to be distributed by the DSWD via LGUs.
DSWD clarified that the SAC form is only a ‘validation tool’ to see the families who need the most help from the government and receiving SAC doesn’t mean that you’re automatically a beneficiary.
“Ang lahat po ay nilalayon naming makatanggap ng Social Amerlioration Progran sublalit ang pagpapamahagi po ay naayon sa lebel ng pangangailangan. Kung kaya’t ang inyong pong kooperasyon, pagbibigayan at pangunawa ay higit na kinakailangan,” DSWD said in the video they published.
For more information, you can call the DSWD hotline 8-951-2803.
Cabinet Secretary Karlo Nograles already said that the social amelioration package should be distributed as soon as possible by the government.
Nograles ensured that only the eligible people are going to receive the help because aside from the LGUs they’re also going to look at the database of DSWD to see the list of families that really belong to the vulnerable sector.
“Yung national database po punong puno po yan ng lahat ng beneficiaries mula sa DSWD, mula sa DOLE, mula DA, at iba pang mga ahensya ng gobyerno… so lahat po yan ay naka centralize na sa database ng DSWD, so lahat ng government agencies are required to share their database ng beneficiaries nila para yung DSWD nalang ang mag coconsolidate ng listahan ng mga beneficiaries,” Nograles said.
“Mula sa database na yon ay makikita po natin kung sino yung kwalipikado based dito sa joint memorandum circular ng social amelioration program, so yun po yung mauuna nating bibigyan sa pasada na yan, habang ginagawa po natin yan ay hihingin po natin yung listahan mula sa LGUs at kasama na diyan mula yung sa barangay kapitan pero dapat ang pagbibigay ng listahan ay based sa guidelines natin yung kwalipikado na beneficiaries,” he added.
According to the joint memorandum circular, their target beneficiaries are families belong to either poor or informal sector which are at risk of not earning a living during the enhanced community quarantine, who may have at least one member belonging to any of the following vulnerable or disadvantaged sectors:
- Senior Citizens
- Persons with Disability
- Pregnant and Lactating Women
- Solo Parents
- Overseas Filipinos in Distress
- Indigent Indigenous Peoples
- Underprivileged Sector and Homeless Citizens
- Informal Economy Workers