“Satisfied kami!” World Health Organization praises Duterte admin’s action against 2019-nCoV

618

The World Health Organization (WHO) said that they’re satisfied with the action of the Duterte administration to prevent the spread of the 2019 novel coronavirus in the Philippines, saying that they’re doing a great job in responding to the situation.

“We are satisfied so far with the measures being implemented by the government of the Philippines,” WHO Representative to the Philippines, Dr. Rabindra Abeyasinghe said in a press conference in Malacanang on Monday.

“WHO commends their [sic] actions taken by the Philippine Government to strengthen its preparedness, to build capacity to detect cases,” he added.

“I believe that the Philippine government has been responding to an evolving situation,” Abeyasinghe also said.

WHO vowed to continue working with the Philippine government to “increase its preparedness and response capacities” in dealing with the nCoV outbreak.

“We continue to work with them to increase their preparedness in case there is evidence of local transmission,” he said.

After seeing the action of the government, Abeyasinghe expressed his confidence that nCoV is going to be controlled soon in the Philippines.

WHO made the said statement amid the criticisms being received by the government from some netizens, accusing the government officials of not doing their best to prevent nCoV from spreading around the country.

Some people even called for the resignation of President Rodrigo Duterte and criticized him for letting the tourists from mainland China enter the country despite the outbreak in Wuhan.

 

Facebook Comments