Senator Ronald Dela Rosa confirmed that the United States canceled his visa after asking about its status last week.
In a chance interview, Dela Rosa who just celebrated his birthday yesterday announced that he’s temporarily not allowed to visit the US because of the cancellation of his visa.
He said that he can apply for a new one again.
“We received their official answer the day before my birthday, January 20. What a good birthday gift,” Dela Rosa said.
“No reason was stated, basta mag-apply lang daw ako ulit kung gusto ko kasi the present visa was canceled,” he added.
Dela Rosa, however, admitted that he’s disappointed over the decision of the United States government as he worked with them many times during his service as police.
“Kung sama ng loob, tao lang tayo. Talagang sasama ang loob mo. I’ve been helping my counterparts from the US government… we’ve been working together then after that ganito? It’s quite bad,” he said.
“My whole 34 years of police service, marami na din kaming pinagdaanang samahan ng US counterparts,” he added.
“Sino ba masaya diyan? Sayang din hindi na ako makapunta doon,” Dela Rosa said, explaining that some of his relatives are living in the United States.
According to him, he’s not planning to apply for another U.S visa, except if the President asked him.
“Hindi na siguro, baka sabihin na masyado ako makulit… Pero kung pupunta si Presidente, sasabihan niya ako na sumama ka, yun ang ilalagay kong reason [for applying for a visa],” he said.
Dela Rosa also revealed that he first heard the news about the possible actions of the US against him in 2019.
He suspected that the cancellation of his visa is related to alleged EJKs happening in the country.