Hong Kong authorities warned the Philippines as relatives of a man tested positive for the new coronavirus strain were traveled to Manila.
According to some reports, the Chinese man from Wuhan has four relatives who arrived at the Ninoy Aquino International Airport (NAIA) at 1:20 p.m.
The said Chinese man who tested positive in the said virus is now quarantined in Princess Margaret Hospital. However, his relatives who traveled with him have already departed to Manila.
Hong Kong’s first highly suspected #coronavirus case is a 39 year-old patient from Wuhan who came in by the Shenzhen North high-speed rail. He is now quarantined in Princess Margaret Hospital, but his four family members who traveled with him have already departed for Manila. pic.twitter.com/9HUuvPeqK0
— Katherine Li (@Katherineli1997) January 22, 2020
Meanwhile, the airport quarantine in NAIA said that they didn’t detect any passenger with high fever on the said flight.
As of writing, China already reported 440 confirmed cases of new coronavirus.
There are still no vaccine for the said virus.
WHAT TO DO TO REDUCE RISK OF HAVING CORONAVIRUS:
- Clean hands with soap and water or alcohol-based hand rub.
- Cover nose and mouth when coughing and sneezing with a tissue or flexed elbow.
- Avoid close contact with anyone with cold flu-like symptoms
- Cook meat and eggs thoroughly.
- Avoid unprotected contact with live wild or farm animals.