PCSO officials appears in public to inform the public that they follow President Duterte’s order to close Lotto operations

3133

The Philippine Charity Sweepstakes Office (PCSO) officials appeared in the live video to inform the people that they’re going to follow President Duterte’s order to close down all gaming franchises under the said government-owned corporation including lotto.

PCSO General Manager Royina Garma read the statement saying that they’re going to follow the President’s order.

She also vowed that they’re going to appeal to the President to reconsider his decision for the sake of the PSCO agent and beneficiaries.

“Pursuant to the order of the President suspending PCSO’s gaming activities, the PCSO board directs compliance in the said instruction until further notice,”

“Rest assured that PCSO shall appeal to the office of the President for the resumption of the conduct of all games to PSCO’s mandate and for the interest of PSCO, its agent and its beneficiaries,”

She also suggested to the bettors who bought an advance game ticket to keep their ticket until further notice.

Garma who’s the former Cebu City police chief was only appointed by the President last month as the General Manager of PSCO.

On Friday, President Duterte ordered the PCSO to stop all its gaming activities because of alleged massive corruption.

“I have today ordered the closure, the stoppage of all gaming schemes sa… whatever nature, however, done, that got the franchises to do from the PCSO. The ground is massive corruption involving all, pati the courts who repeatedly issued injunctions to paralyze government and to allow corruption to thrive.” President Duterte said.

“Pending investigation, lahat ho ng laro ng lotto, STL, peryahan ng bayan, or whatever nature, there’s one that yung gambling machine, Keno, I said all gaming activities. Yung gambling, that got the franchise from government through PCSO, are, as of today, suspended or terminated because of massive corruption,” he added.

Facebook Comments