Department of Social Welfare and Development (DSWD) Secretary Rolando Bautista set a condition to journalist Erwin Tulfo to prove that he’s really sincerely apologizing for his statement against the retired General.
In a statement, Bautista said that he would only accept the apology of Tulfo he would follow the conditions set by the DSWD Secretary, like publishing his letter of apology in all of his social media accounts, radio stations, and leading broadsheets.
Bautista also demanded that Tulfo should donate not less than 300,000 pesos to the organizations he listed to the letter.
These groups are:
1. Philippine Military Academy (PMA)
2. Philippine Military Academy Alumni Association Incorporated
3. Association of Generals and Flag Officers
4. First Scout Ranger Regiment, Philippine Army (PA)
5. Special Forces Regiment (Airborne), PA
6. Light Reaction Regiment, PA
7. Philippine National Police Special Action Force
8. Philippine Naval Special Operations Group, Philippine Navy (PN)
9. Philippine Marines Special Operations Group, PN
10. Philippine National Police Maritime Group
11. The trust fund for the city of Marawi’s internally displaced persons to be administered by DSWD BARM
12. Philippine Veterans Hospital
13. AFP Victoriano Luna Medical Center
14. Philippine National Police Camp Crame General Hospital
15. Philippine Army General Hospital
16. Philippine Navy General Hospital
17. Philippine Air Force General Hospital
18. Philippine Coastguard General Hospital
19. An educational trust fund for the deserving children of DSWD employees to be deposited at the Landbank.
According to Bautista, he would prefer Tulfo to donate to the said groups instead of paying for the possible libel case that he would face for his statement against the retired General.
He also thanked his supporters including the Armed Forces of the Philippines (AFP) Joint Task Force Marawi, PMA, and his friends for showing their concerns after Tulfo made a harsh message against him.
On May 28, Tulfo criticized Bautista on his radio show at Radyo Pilipinas after the retired General refused for an interview.
Bautista slowly gained support from his friends and groups and demanded Tulfo to apologize.
At first, Tulfo said that he could apologize to Bautista, but he would not take back his statements against him.
But when PNP started to recall the security detail of Erwin Tulfo and his other relatives, he decided to make a public apology, explaining that he was not aware by the achievements of Bautista.