A netizen who’s joining the efforts to rehabilitate Manila Bay wrote a lengthy explanation on why President Rodrigo Duterte should be given a credit in the recent success of the said project.
The rehabilitation of Manila Bay became a viral topic last month, however, several critics are not convinced that the President should be given a credit, pointing out that the past administration already made an effort to clean the said tourist spot.
In his post, netizen Noel Landero Sarifa explained why people should be thanking the President for what currently happening in Manila Bay.
He pointed out that unlike the previous efforts to clean Manila Bay, only Duterte administration allocated a big budget to end the pollution that made the tourist spot look bad for many years.
Sarifa also said that Duterte is serious in rehabilitating the tourist spot and he’s ready to close all establishments contributing to the pollution of the bay.
The said rehabilitation project also made the people unite, and many volunteers from different provinces joined the effort to clean it.
He also slammed the critics of the President who asked not to politicize the project, saying that only Duterte’s political will could clean the tourist spot.
You can read his whole post below:
“Isa nanamang pangsupalpal ang gagawin ko sa mga nagsasabing matagal ng may clean up drive sa Manila Bay kaya wag i-hype ang nangyaring clean up drive ngaun, na ang Manila bay ay di lang Roxas Blvd at wag din daw i-Credit kay Pres. Duterte i-credit daw sa mga Volunteers! Pesteng Yawa mo oy! Yong mga ka-bitteran nyo sa katawan bawas-bawasan. Lawakan din ang isip, magbasa ng current events at magresearch! Lunukin nyo at tanggapin nyo na si President Duterte ang dahilan ng lahat ng pagbabago ngayon sa Manila Bay! Eto ang mga rason bakit dapat i-hype at kailangan i-credit sa presidente!
– Unang-una si Sec Cimatu na Cabinet Sec. ni Duterte ang nagsuggest na i-rehabilitate ang Manila Bay ( take note! REHABILITATE! Hindi One day Clean up drive!)
-Ang Duterte Administration lang ang nag-allocate ng 47BILLION Pesos para sa rehabilitation project that will last for 7 Years!
-Pres. Duterte threatens closure of establishments polluting Manila Bay( at may nasampulan na 15 Factories sa Bulacan, 3 Resto, Manila Zoo, etc)
– Budget for the Manila Bay rehabilitation program is approved by President Duterte.
– Kakaiba ang Clean-up drive na nangyari noong January 27,2019 kesa sa mga naunang clean-up drive, aside sa 5000 Volunteers sa Manila Bay along Roxas Boulevard, Nagsagawa din ng Clean-up Drive sa Cavite, Bulacan, Pampanga at Bataan! Kaya kailangan talagang i-hype kasi Historical! Ngaun lang nangyari yan!Hindi Kami Bobo para sabihing ang Manila Bay ay hindi lang sa Roxas Boulevard, malamang Manila BAY nga di ba? Tinawag ba itong Roxas Boulevard Rehabilitation? Sinong tanga?
– DENR ordered establishments around the bay to put up their own sewage treatment plants. Only now that DENR conduct thorough inspections with establishments near MANILA BAY.(Take note MANILA BAY hindi ROXAS BOULEVARD!)
– The plan for Manila Bay’s rehabilitation was initially ordered by the Supreme Court in 2008 but it was never materialized until now! So ano ginawa ng previous admin sa order na yun pinatulog ng sampung taon?
– there are 178 LGUs and 5,714 barangays inside the Manila Bay Watershed Area through DILG Memorandum Circular No. 2019-09 released on January 24, 2019 were odered to “fulfill their roles and responsibilities pursuant to environmental laws that contribute to the rehabilitation of Manila Bay.” and conduct weekly clean-up drives. ( Hindi Concentrated sa ROXAS Boulevard hindi sila magkakasya dun!)
– The rehabilitation has 3 Phases: cleanup and water quality improvement; rehabilitation and resettlement; and education and sustainment. Start pa lang ng Phase 1 kaya wag atat! Sa tatlong Phase na yan walang binanggit na reclamation! (Parang Boracay – Casino issue part 2???)
Kaya sa mga nagsasabing wag ipoliticized? Ngekngek nyo! Political will ni Duterte ang dahilan kaya nagawa eto, di pa ba sapat ang nangyari sa Boracay para lunukin nyo mga pride nyo? Madami pa akong hindi na mention but I guess I stated my point. Give Credits to whom it is due, yong ibang epal dyan tirahin nyo! At sana bago kayo magreklamo, mamulot din kayo ng basura sa MANILA BAY!”