The police officer who was suspected to be the mastermind behind the disappearance of beauty queen Catherine Camilon had been dismissed from the service.
According to Police Regional Office 4A chief Paul Lucas, Allan de Castro had already been removed from the service due to the unbecoming of a police officer.
Lucas said that De Castro admitted that he had a relationship with Camilon despite him being married.
Until today, De Castro hasn’t spoken about his possible knowledge about Camilon’s disappearance.
The authorities also said that they were already expecting the worst outcome, that they will never see Camilon alive again.
“We are hoping for the best, but we are expecting the worse. Hindi po namin masabi kung wala na po talaga, pero base po sa account ng witnesses namin it appears na ‘yun na nga po, na patay na po,” CIDG Region 4-A Maj. Nilo Morallos said.
Camilon was last seen on October 12, and some witnesses also saw the beauty queen being dragged by several men.
The car used by the suspects was also discovered abandoned, and the investigator confirmed that Camilon rode the vehicle before being left.