Herlene Budol, popularly known as ‘Hipon Girl,’ admitted that she received an offer from Television and Production Exponents Inc. (TAPE Inc.) to host the rebranded version of Eat Bulaga.
In an interview during the media con of GMA 7’s new show “Magandang Dilag,” Hipon confirmed the reports that she had been offered to become a new Dabarkads as a replacement to the resigned hosts of Eat Bulaga, who left TAPE on May 31, 2023.
However, Hipon refused the offer, not because of the possible criticisms she would receive, but because of her schedule.
Hipon said that she’s willing to accept the offer after her current projects.
“After po nito, why not po? Sobrang happy po ako kung sakali po.” she said.
“Sa tamang panahon naman po yan, eh. May mga bagay naman po siguro na kung para sa yo, para sa yo,” she added.
View this post on Instagram
It can be recalled that reports about her possible guesting to Eat Bulaga last Saturday together with Isko Moreno circulated on social media.
Only Isko appeared on the show and announced that he would become a regular host of the controversial noontime show.
Several new hosts of Eat Bulaga including Paolo Contis and Buboy Villar received criticisms on social media from the fans of former Dabarkads, telling them that they would never replace the original hosts of the said noontime show.