The Philippine National Police (PNP) is preparing charges against the content creator group ‘Tukomi’ for their viral prank last week.
On April 7, 2023, Tukomi went viral on social media after they made a public prank pretending that they were going to abduct someone, and they were stopped by a police officer who thought they were really bad elements.
The cop has been identified as Police Staff Sergeant Ronnie Conmigo who’s based in Las Pinas City.
In an interview, PNP Las Pinas said that they’re already filing charges against the content creators to give a lesson to other influencers.
“Muntik ng magkaroon ng hindi magandang insidente out of this prank kaya gusto ko sanang manawagan sa pamamagitan nito ay mabigyan kami ng pagkakataon na masabi ang side dito.” Las Piñas police chief Col. Jaime Santos said.
“Wala naman pong problema sa pagba-vlog, pero sana pag-aralan natin ‘yung content, suriin natin. Hindi pwede ‘yung mga ganito na it concerns the security of the community and the vlogger itself. We will filing a case against the vloggers.
“Ang Las Pinas police po ay nananawagan sa mga vlogger na please don’t encourage this type of vlog that might influence others, particularly ‘yung mga kabataan,”
Santos also believed that there was a possibility that Tukomi would be put behind bars because of what they did, especially since there was a complainant.
The complainant has been revealed to be Conmigo, who decided to file charges to stop the Tukomi from doing such practices.
“Para matuldukan na ‘yung maling pagba-vlog, maling content na ginagawa nila. Delikado po sa ating mamamayan [yung ginagawa nila]” Conmigo said.
As of writing, Tukomi has yet to give a statement on the charges they’re facing.