Director Darryl Yap urged his fans to watch his latest movie, ‘MoM,’ as soon as possible because of a rumored plan of some groups to file a temporary restraining order against his film.
A temporary restraining order (TRO) might become the reason for the said movie to be suspended from being shown in theaters.
That’s why the director wanted the people to watch it on March 1 if some groups who opposed the movie would successfully stop it.
According to Yap, some people who had already watched the movie during the premiere night gathered information that they might use to ask the court to prevent the film from being shown in theaters nationwide.
Some also recorded the movie secretly to share some of the film’s highlights with the public.
MoM was set to be shown to the public on March 1, 2023.
“Minabuti po ng gaming prouksyon na pangalagaan ang pelikula, hindi lamang sa mga pumunta sa premier night upang magvideo ng “spoilers” kundi sa ilan na kumuha ng impormasyon at agarang nagfile na ng Temporary Restraining Order upang pigilan ang pelikula,” Yap said.
“Manood po tayo agad, simula March 1.” he added.
Some followers of Yap criticized the move of some groups to file TRO against the movie.
“Ang sining ay bahagi ng malayang pamamahayag at paglikha. Matalino ang mga Pinoy, tayo/kami mismo ang susukat sa Pilikula. Hayaan nyo kami ang humusga… Manuod na tayo bukas bilang suporta sa mga Pinoy artist at Philippine economy. Bawal ang KJ,” netizen Jan-Jan said.
“Haha! Talunan talaga, lahat gagawin para ma-cancel tong movie! Naku basta manunuod kami buong barkada!” netizen Robbie remarked.
“Yung mga “ayaw sa diktador” ang lumalabas na tunay na diktador. Tamaan na ng kidlat ang ipokrito.” netizen Cyn commented.