A lawmaker revealed that the foreigner who confronted the members of the Makati City Police in front of his house in Dasmariñas Village is only a tourist and not a resident of the Philippines.
On Tuesday, 1-PACMAN party-list Representative Eric Pineda said that the Bureau of Immigration discovered that the foreign national identified as Javier Salvador Parra entered the country using a tourist visa and already overstaying.
Pineda also pointed out that as a tourist, Parra who claimed that he’s an investor who employed 80 Filipinos should not do any businesses here in the country.
“Mr. Parra was only issued a tourist visa. He may already be overstaying in the Philippines. By his own admission, in the video recording released in social media, Mr. Parra employs 80 Filipinos. That is a violation of the conditions of his tourist visa which prohibits him from engaging in any form of business while in our country,” Pineda said.
The lawmaker said that Parra should leave the country already as the Department of Foreign Affairs (DFA) temporarily suspended the visas for foreign nationals visiting the Philippines except for those who have Filipino spouses or children.
“The DFA already announced that all previously issued Philippine visas to foreign nationals are deemed cancelled. This was done so that foreign nationals will not stay in the Philippines during the COVID19 ECQ. Mr. Parra is not a permanent resident of the Philippines. If he only had a Tourist Visa, how is he staying here?” Pineda asked.
The Bureau of Immigration (BI) is not yet confirming the claims of Parra, however they said that they’re already investigating the foreigner.
Meanwhile, Makati Police already filed multiple charges against Parra including resistance and disobedience to a person in authority, unjust vexation, and for violating the Law on Reporting of Communicable Diseases.
“Hindi puwedeng binabastos ang mga pulis ng ganon-ganon lang. Sa ibang bansa, ‘pag sinagot mo lang ang pulis ay posas na ang kasunod. This is a warning to all abusadong foreigners,” Makati Police Chief Colonel Rogelio Simon said.
In the video, it showed Parra repeatedly shouted at the cops and also asked them to leave his property.
He even asked them to go to Tondo instead of guarding the said super-exclusive subdivision.