Veteran journalist Jay Sonza spoke for the first time about the issue on the disputed West Philippine Sea.
As a journalist, Sonza followed the issue between China and Philippines since 2010, and he shared to his followers his insights on who’s the people who must blame on this trouble.
He believes that the former administration and his men should be blamed for the worsened development on the West Philippine Sea.
Sonza pointed out that most of the reclamation happened during the former Aquino administration and he claimed that the people appointed by ex-President Noynoy to handle the situation only made it worse.
He mentioned Former President Aquino, former DFA Secretary Albert Del Rosario, Senator Antonio Trillanes, businessman Manny V. Pangilinan, Senior Associate Justice Antonio Carpio and U.P Prof Jay Batongbacal.
To further prove his point, Sonza also pointed out that the soil used to build the artificial islands in the Spratlys originated in Luzon, a sign that the former administration didn’t take action to stop China from making the islands which believed to be a Chinese military base now.
However, Sonza said that despite this failures, the current opposition which aligned with the Aquinos keeps blaming President Duterte for what currently happening now in the West Philippine Sea.
You can read his whole post below:
Ngayon lang ako magsasalita tungkol sa West Philippine Sea o South China Sea issue. THE FACT. THE TRUTH.
Nagsimula ang pagtayo ng mga structures at reclamation (tambak) ng mga isla sa Spratlys pagitan ng taong 2010 at 2016.
1. Sino ang pangulo ng republika ng pilipinas noong mga panahong iyon? Benigno Simeon Aquino III
2. Sino ang foreign affairs secretary na pumayag na hindi gagalaw ang pilipinas para angkinin ang spratlys, matapos himukin ng amerika? DFA Sec. Albert Del Rosario (BSA III appointee)
3. Sino ang inatasan ni Pres. Aquino na makipagkasundo (makipagsabwatan) o backchanneling sa mga Tsino at sinong negosyante ang gumastos sa nasabing pamamaraan? Sen Antonio Trillanes IV at MVP.
4. Sino ang pasimuno ng pagsasampa ng kaso sa Hague, habang isinasagawa ng China ang reclamation at pagtatayo stractures? senior associate justice Antonio carpio (assisted by UP Prof, Batongbacal, etc.).
5. Saan galing o nagmula ang mga panambak (reclamation) na ginamit ng China? sa Pilipinas mula Zambales, Cagayan Provinces (dalawang bundok ang pinatag (2010-2016) at black sand smuggling.
6. sino ang sinisi ngayon sa isyu? si pangulong Rody Duterte.
Despite the victory gained by the Philippines against China in the Permanent Court of Arbitration in 2016, the Chinese government said that it would not accept the ruling.
Because of this, the Duterte government made a new strategy and now made friends with China to cool the situation.
Source: Jay Sonza