Apply na! Manuel V. Pangilinan says ABS-CBN talents are welcome to join TV5

6046

ABS-CBN talents may not worry too much about where to find a job after the House of Representatives rejected the franchise application of their network.

In an article by Philippine Star, business tycoon Manual V. Pangilinan revealed that they’re preparing to expand their entertainment content by hiring more talents in TV5 Network Inc.

Coincidentally, thousands of ABS-CBN employees were on the brink of losing their current jobs because of the decision of Congress.

“We are revving up our entertainment content creation and will need creatives, talents, directors, scriptwriters, cameramen, etc.,” said Pangilinan.

“If these are willing and able to work with us, we’re prepared to offer alternative jobs for the relevant displaced workers overtime,” he added.

Pangilinan also clarified that they’re not talking with ABS-CBN officials.

Last year, Pangilinan allegedly said that he’s open to letting ABS-CBN air their block timers in TV5 while they’re waiting for a new franchise.

“We have lots of highways…Setting politics aside, if they want to enter into a block time deal, wala naman kaming masyadong entertainment content,” said Pangilinan last December.

However, Pangilinan denied that they’re talking with ABS-CBN about the possibility of airing Kapamilya shows in TV5.

“There has never been any discussion in that regard. It’s something that’s not on our minds,” Pangilinan said

ABS-CBN claimed that there were 11,000 employees that could be affected by their shutdown.

Kapamilya network announced that they’re going to start to layoff their workers on August 31.

One of the most popular employees affected by the first layoff was Ces Oreña-Drilon who’s working at ABS-CBN since 1989.

Source: Philippine Star

Facebook Comments