Vice Ganda on ABS-CBN shut down: Kawawa ang buong bansa at lahat ng Pilipino!

9727

Comedian Jose Marie Viceral also known as Vice Ganda said that not only the employees of ABS-CBN but also the whole Filipino nation could suffer because of the closure of the Kapamilya Network on May 5.

Viceral joined the other celebrities who expressed support to ABS-CBN after they were forced to stop their operations on May 5 because of a Cease and Desist Order filed by NTC against them.

He called the action against ABS-CBN as cruel, because the information being brought by the Kapamilya network was needed especially amid the COVID-19 crisis.

“Di lang ang network at ang mga empleyado ang kawawa kundi ang buong bansa at lahat ng Pilipinong napagkaitan ng kailangang kailangang serbisyo sa oras na ito ng pandemya. ANG LUPIT!” Viceral said.

“Lord God i believe in you and your power. Alam ko pong nakikita nyo ang lahat. Kayo na po ang bahala sa amin at sa kanila,” he added.

Two months ago, Viceral expressed fear over the possible closure of ABS-CBN.

“Ikalulungkot ng higit na nakararaming Pilipino sa Pilipinas at sa buong mundo kung isasara ang ABS-CBN. #NoToABSCBNShutDown,” he tweeted.

Last year, Viceral even made a joke about the Kingdom of Jesus Christ leader Pastor Apollo Quiboloy after the latter claim that he stopped a quake in Mindanao.

“Nako, kabahan si Cardo! Ang pinakakalaban ni Cardo, ang feeling ko, si Quiboloy. ‘Yung nagpahinto ng lindol. Si Quiboloy lang ang magpapahinto ng ‘Ang Probinsyano,’ abangan niyo ‘yan,” Viceral said.

“So ano, Quiboloy, hinahamon kita, ipahinto mo nga ang ‘Probinsyano!’ Napahinto mo pala ang lindol, e. Napakayabang niyo pala!” he added.

As response, Quiboloy said that Viceral should be careful of what he wish for.

Ikaw, magpili ka, kelan mo ba gustong mai-stop? Isang buwan? Dalawang buwan? Tatlong buwan? Apat na buwan? Ikaw, pili ka.” Quiboloy told Viceral.

“Baka sa apat na buwan, hindi lang yung Probinsyano ang mai-stop, baka pati yung network mo stop na ‘yan.” he added.

On May 5, ABS-CBN followed the order of NTC to close down their operations.

The order will cover 42 television stations nationwide, 18 FM stations and 5 AM stations.

“Millions of Filipinos will lose their source of news and entertainment when ABS-CBN is ordered to go off-air on TV and radio tonight (5 May 2020) when people need crucial and timely information as the nation deals with the COVID-19 pandemic,” said ABS-CBN Corp. in a statement. 

“This is in compliance with the cease and desist order issued by the National Telecommunications Commission (NTC) today that prohibits ABS-CBN from continuing its broadcast operations effective immediately,” it added.

The Kapamilya network also reminded the public about their contribution amid the COVID-19 crisis.

“ABS-CBN has been providing comprehensive news coverage on the public health crisis and working with local governments and the private sector in providing food and basic goods for those in need through its “Pantawid ng Pag-ibig” campaign. To date, it has delivered over P300 million worth of goods for the benefit of over 600,000 families affected by the enhanced community quarantine,” the network said.

Facebook Comments